– Free Outdoor Concert for the general public; Participation in beer tasting includes an additional fee (see pricing below; ONLINE for best price!).
– Welch MTB Park will be fully operational until 5pm same day! If you haven’t tried the MTB Park yet, before the start of the event would be an excellent time to give it a try (extremely beautiful fall colors expected)! Our annual ski swap will be going on as well!
– 2 bands;
John Wayne 4pm-5:30pm
Plain White Toast (Awesome local cover band!) 5:30pm-7pm
– Craft Beer Tasting Package: $15 online special available until Oct. 1st ONLY! (AVAILABLE ONLINE NOW);$20 at the door.
– Craft Beer Tasting Package Includes: Craft beer tasting from 3pm-5pm & commemorative tasting mug (limited supplies available; first come, first served).
– Taste Beer from the following local breweries: Lakes & Legends, Fulton, Rush River, Lagunitas, Bells, Left Hand, Ace Cider, Lionheart Cider, Founders.
– Food truck and a greek gyro stand
– Fire pits to warm you on this cool fall night with FREE smores for the kids!
– For those not interested in purchasing the Craft Beer Tasting Package, we will have additional craft beer for purchase at the craft beer trailer!
Mementos Mori is a lively, beguiling meditation on death and dying, and a handmade love letter to the cinema, that imbues the experience of attending a movie with live, theatrical immediacy.
When Death takes an unexpected holiday, an elderly film projectionist finds a new lease on life; a ghost explores the afterlife with her iPhone; and a seven-year-old girl discovers her own mortality. In Manual Cinema’s most ambitious show to date, a cast of six puppeteers use hundreds of paper puppets, seven overhead projectors, two cameras, and three screens to create a live “movie” in front of the audience. Accompanied by four musicians and live sound effects, the result is a rich mosaic of cinematic storytelling all performed live with puppets.
Mementos Mori premiered in 2015 at the Museum of Contemporary Art as part of the Chicago International Puppetry Festival.
The remarkably charming “America’s Got Talent” winner, Landau Murphy, performs the Great American Songbook with a voice and phrasing that has been compared to Frank Sinatra. The former car washer’s Columbia Records debut album produced by Grammy winner Steve Tyrell spent six weeks at #1 on the Billboard Jazz chart. Landau’s follow-up holiday CD “Christmas Made For Two” raised thousands for the Children’s Home Society of West Virginia and received nationwide airplay including Sirius/XM’s “Holly” channel.
From 2:00pm to 4:00pm, step back in time. Indulge by having tea, finger sandwiches, and petite desserts.
December 3 – Teddy Bear Tea
December 10 – Nutcracker Tea
Reservations required. Call 800-252-1875 or 651-388-2846 for more information.
The Anderson Center invites you to eat, drink, be merry and shop!
On Saturday, December 9, the Center will host the 18th annual Holiday Celebration of the Arts from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. There is nothing like giving a gift of art to friends and loved ones, and the Holiday Show is the perfect occasion to shop for that special one-of-a-kind gift.
Local and regional vendors will offer a variety of items to include: glass ornaments, silver ornaments, paintings, art tiles, carved Santas, jewelry, hand spun yarn, artisanal honey, and more! Throughout the afternoon you can enjoy musical performances, Red Dragonfly Press readings, the Center’s permanent art collection, and holiday food and refreshments.
Historic river towns and two states clean out their attics, garages and basements to create the most spectacular garage sale around. The sale spans all towns along the Great River Road. Find participating sales from Hastings, MN south on Hwy. 61 to Winona, MN, across the river to Fountain City, WI and North on Hwy 35 to Prescott, WI.
Witness the beauty and wonderment of the season. It’s 100 miles of Christmas events and activities along the Mississippi River on the Great River Road. Experience an old fashioned country Christmas, a Christmas House tour, holiday decor sale and more. View this map for communities along the Great River road. Great River Road Map.
Lake Pepin historic river towns and two states clean out their attics, garages and basements to create the most spectacular garage sale around! Bargain hunters can start anywhere along the river road – Minnesota or Wisconsin – rain or shine. Mississippi Valley Partners sponsors the 100-mile Garage Sale that spans all towns along Lake Pepin. Find participating sales from Hastings, MN south on Hwy. 61 to Winona, MN, across the river to Fountain City, WI and North on Hwy 35 to Prescott, WI you’ll find deals, steals and fun. Don’t miss it!